- A memorial note for Prof. Dr. Hans-Dieter Görtz written by Prof. Sergei I. Fokin was published in the following journal.
Protistology 13 (2), 79-87, 2019
- Prof. Hans-Dieter Görtz, a professor emeritus, Stuttgart University, passed away Jan 7, 2019 in Münster, Germany. He was 73 years old. He was an outstanding protistologist and scientist. I learned many things from him.
- Prof. Emeritus Dr. Isoji Miwa published a review article on P. bursaria (時間がわかるゾウリムシ、時習館高校創立125周年記念論考集、豊川堂書店) on Aug 15, 2018. (https://twitter.com/mfujishim) , (http://u0u0.net/D16g)
- News from "resereach gate"on Oct 17, 2017. "Congratulations, Masahiro! With 57 new reads, you were the most read author from your department. Achieved week ending Oct 15, 2017".
- Our grant application for "Development of reliable cryopreservation method for Paramecium genus" was accepted by AMED for 1.5 years from Oct 1, 2017.
- Paramecium was accepted for 4th National BioResource Project (NBRP) by MEXT for 2017-2021.
- We found that Paramecium has an ability to keep a pathogenic bacterium Legionella pneumoniae in the cytoplasm. DOI: 10.1038/srep24322
- Our article was selected as a highly accessed article of BMC Genomics. PDF
- New book. Cilia and Flagella, Ciliates and Flagellates. Ultrastructure and cell biology, function and systematics, symbiosis and biodiversity. K. Hausmann and R. Radek, Schweizerbart Science Publishers, 2014.
- International Symposium on Endosymbiosis, Yamaguchi 2013
- Our review article was nominated as a No. 3 of the Top Hottest 25 Articles published in European Journal of Protistology in 2012 full year.